Finnova provides expert advice in all areas of economics and finance.
Finnova has valued firms in the context of both technical and expert reports. The valuations involved sectors such as:
- Renewable Energy
- Waste management
- Real Estate
Finnova has participated as a consultant and as an expert witness in a wide range of competition cases:
- Well-known cartels denounced by the Spanish and the EU competition authorities: “trucks”, “envelopes”, “Public tenders for roads construction”.
- Cases of collusion in the energy and financial sectors.
- Cases of bundling in the banking and media sectors.
Finnova has participated in a variety of regulation cases:
- Analysis of margin squeezes and damage assessment in the telecommunications sector.
- Advises on the European financial regulatory framework on Capital Markets Union, MIFID II, Fintech’s regulatory framework, Platforms and Data Sharing by financial institutions.
Finnova has provided advise on many different issues related to conflict of interest and expropriation of minority rights in Board of Directors. Finnova has also assessed damages caused by certain board decisions. Topics analyzed include:
- Financing with high yield instruments
- Approval and valuation of equity issues
Finnova has participated in several damage assessment cases related to take overs, in sectors such as:
- Real Estate
Finnova has provided expert opinion on the valuation of instruments such as options, collars and swaps.
Finnova has acted as expert witness in legal proceedings before Civil Courts, Penal Courts, the Spanish Supreme Court and The Audiencia Nacional, and many different Arbitration Courts (World Bank’s ICSID, ICC (Madrid), ICC (Paris), ICC (London), CIMA).
Here is a very small sample of the most relevant cases based on the amount in dispute and the relevance of the ruling court:
Amount in dispute
|Toll highway’s Shareholders vs. Kingdom of Spain||Spanish Supreme Court||More than 2 billion euros|
|MasMovil takeover||Spanish Audiencia Nacional||More than 1.6 billion euros|
|MARTINSA-FADESA||Juzgado de lo Mercantil of A Coruña||More than 1.5 billion euros|
|Union Fenosa Gas (UFG) vs. Gas Natural Fenosa (GNF)||Juzgado de Primera Instancia||More than 190 million euros|
|Spanish Banks vs. CNMC||Spanish Audiencia Nacional||More than 90 million euros|
|Abengoa vs. México||ICSID (Washington, D.C.)||More than 45 million euros|